If you are trying to connect to a project zomboid server and get the “unknown account username given” error, there are a few things you can do:
- Make sure you have no special characters in your Steam username or player Username.
- Make sure you are not trying to connect with the wrong account name. The account name is case-sensitive, so use the correct name.
- You can also try messing with the capitalization.
- If that doesn’t work, the admin may need to create an account for you, or you may need to be invited by a friend.
- If the server is set to “whitelist only.” This means that you either need to add the usernames you want to join manually or turn off the whitelist.