In Project Zomboid, sleep is an important part of surviving the zombie apocalypse. It helps your character recover from fatigue, stress, and pain, and can give you a break from the constant stress of survival. However, it also means that you must be strategic about when and where you choose to rest, as you’ll be vulnerable to attack from zombies while you sleep.
Here’s how the sleep mechanic works in Project Zomboid:
- Your character needs to sleep for at least 6-8 hours every day to avoid fatigue. If you go without sleep for too long, you’ll eventually pass out.
- To sleep, you’ll need to find a piece of furniture to sleep on, such as a bed or sofa. Some furniture is better for sleeping than others, but any furniture will do. Once you’ve found a piece of furniture, simply click on it and select the “Sleep” option from the menu. Depending on how long you’ve been awake, you may need to sleep for several hours to fully recover.
- While you sleep, time will fast forward until you wake up. You’ll wake up after a maximum of 16 hours, even if you aren’t fully rested.
- The Sleepyhead trait will result in your character sleeping for 12 hours per day, while the Wakeful trait means you’ll only sleep for 6 hours per day.
- If you’re experiencing too much pain to sleep, you can use painkillers to lower your current pain level. Alternatively, you can use sleeping pills or alcohol to make you drowsy enough to sleep, although be careful not to take too many sleeping pills or you could die.
- In multiplayer mode, the game will fast forward when all players are sleeping. To enable this feature, go to the Admin Panel and activate the “Sleep allowed” and “Sleep needed” settings. Once these are enabled, you’ll need to reboot the server for the changes to take effect.
In conclusion, the sleep mechanic in Project Zomboid adds an extra layer of realism and challenge to the game, and can help your character recover from fatigue, stress, and pain. However, it’s important to be strategic about when and where you choose to rest, and to be careful not to take too many sleeping pills or alcohol. In multiplayer mode, the game will fast forward when all players are sleeping, so you can sleep at the same time as your teammates.