As a player of project zomboid, you may have encountered an issue where your game saves disappear when you try to play on multiplayer servers. This appears to be a desync issue, where items that are placed in containers are not there when the player goes to retrieve them. If you’re experiencing this issue, there are a few things you can try to do in order to fix it and retrieve your lost progress.
First, check to see if any items or boxes have disappeared. This may be due to the game crashing while you were placing items in them. If so, try to save regularly in order to avoid this issue in the future. This will also help you recover your progress if the game crashes again.
Next, try to determine what caused the crash in the first place. If it was due to a mod, try removing the mod and restarting the game. If the crash was due to another player, try playing offline or with a different player. This will help you identify the source of the problem and find a solution.
If none of these solutions work, you can try contacting the game’s support team for further assistance. They may be able to help you recover your lost progress.
In addition to the steps outlined above, players can also try the following:
- Verify the game files: This can help ensure that all the game files are in the correct state and fix any missing or corrupted files.
- Clear the game’s cache: This can help to fix any issues with the game’s data that may have caused the crash.
- Update the game and drivers: Make sure you have the latest version of the game and that your graphics card and other drivers are up to date.
- Create a backup of your save file: Regularly creating a backup of your save file can help you to recover your progress in case the game crashes or you lose your save data.
- Try to reproduce the crash: Try to reproduce the crash and take note of the steps that led to the crash, This can help you to identify the issue and possibly fix it.
It’s important to note that saving your progress at regular intervals while playing the game is a good practice to avoid losing progress. With this in mind, you can easily restore your progress if you encounter any issues. If you’re still experiencing problems, don’t hesitate to contact the game’s support team for further assistance. They will be happy to help you out.