In Project Zomboid, barricading your safe house is crucial for survival during a zombie outbreak. Barricades can prevent entry or exit for both the player and zombies, and they can also make it much harder for zombies to break through doors or windows. In this tutorial, we will go over the steps for barricading a window, the different materials you can use, and how to effectively barricade your safe house.
Steps for Barricading a Window
- Gather your supplies: You will need a hammer, some planks, and nails. These can be found in certain locations throughout the game world, or you can scavenge them from objects such as master beds or cupboards.
- Right-click on the window you want to barricade: This will bring up a menu of options.
- Click on “barricade (planks)”: Your character will then take out the planks and start nailing them into the window. You can do this up to four times, depending on the number of planks you have. Each time you barricade a window, you will use up some of your resources (planks and nails).
- Consider barricading both sides of the window: This will provide extra protection against zombies.
Different Materials for Barricades
There are several different materials you can use to create barricades in Project Zomboid. Each material has its own advantages and disadvantages:
- Metal sheets: These provide a high level of protection, but they cannot be seen through.
- Wooden boards: These can be seen through, but they are weaker than metal sheets.
- Metal bars: These can also be seen through, but they provide the same level of protection as a metal sheet.
To create metal sheets and metal bars, you will need a propane torch and a welder mask. These can be found in certain locations throughout the game world, or you can scavenge them from objects such as workshops or garages.
How to Remove a Barricade
To remove a barricade that has been put in place, you will need the same tool that was used to create the barricade. If you do not have that tool, you can use a crowbar instead.
To remove a barricade, right-click on it and click “unbarricade.” When the barricade is removed, any metal sheets, bars, or wooden planks will be retrieved, but nails will be lost.
Effectively Barricading Your Safe House
When choosing a building for your safe house, there are a few things to consider:
- Choose a building with multiple exits: This will give you more opportunities to escape if your safe house becomes compromised.
- Choose a building with few windows: This will spread out the zombies and make them easier to defend.
- Choose a building with a door that faces a safe side: This will give you an extra layer of protection against zombie attacks.
Once you have chosen your building, there are a few more steps you can take to effectively barricade it:
- Use walls to barricade door frames and windows: This will make it much harder for zombies to break through.
- Use furniture as barricades: Furniture can be used to barricade doors and windows, providing some measure of protection while still allowing you to be aware of your surroundings.
- Barricade any doors or windows that are likely to be attack points: This will provide extra protection against zombie attacks.
By following these steps, you can effectively barric
ade your safe house in Project Zomboid and protect yourself from zombies. Remember, it is important to choose a building with multiple exits and few windows for your safe house, and to use the right materials for your barricades. By barricading your safe house effectively, you can increase your chances of survival during a zombie outbreak.
Tips for Barricading
Here are a few additional tips to keep in mind when barricading your safe house:
- Master beds are a good source of planks, nails, and experience points.
- If you are using a building with second-story windows, consider using sheet ropes as an entrance that zombies cannot use. This will allow you to fully secure the ground floor doors and windows.
- Always have a crowbar on hand in case you need to remove a barricade.
- Keep an eye on your resources, such as planks and nails, and restock as needed.
By following these tips and the steps outlined in this tutorial, you can effectively barricade your safe house in Project Zomboid and protect yourself from the dangers of a zombie outbreak.